Wednesday 29 June 2011

Sometimes rebuilding can take a while...

so I started playing with the previous code and knocked out a chunky scroller whilst I'm at it.



The WIP version I have also has a chessboard zoomer in the background, but it's a bit dodgy (I think my interrupts are overrunning a bit), so I've disabled it for this video. If I can't fix up the interrupts I'll seperate them out into seperate parts, fix the scroll position or find some other workaround.

Oddly enough the chessboard is less dependent on lookup tables than the one I did on the ST (It's generated from scratch) and uses a hell of a lot less rastertime to run. I think for a lot of what I want to do the SMS is more powerful than the ST :)

or it could just be my shoddy 68K assembler abilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment